1 – Making Bookings
All bookings are made with Sonas Travel Limited, also trading as Camino Groups (we/us/our). ‘Client’ refers to the full group making a booking with us. ‘Member(s)’ refers to an individual person/persons within the group making a tour booking.
You do not have a contract with us until we have received a completed and signed Booking Form as well as payment of a first deposit of €150 for each member of the travelling party.
The second deposit of €150 becomes payable 6 weeks after the payment of the first deposit.
The first and second deposits are known together as the ‘Booking Deposit’. If you book a tour less than 12 weeks before the departure date, you must pay the full cost of the tour at the time of booking.
The group leader must complete, sign and return the booking form. Return by email will be considered as sufficient to meet this condition. By signing the booking form, the group leader confirms that they have the permission of each member of the party to deal with us, or in the case of U-18s that they have the authority of the parents/legal guardians to do so, and that all members of the travelling party are aware of this condition. In the case of a school tour booking, it is assumed that that the group leader is acting with the consent of the relevant school management body.
Bookings must be accompanied by a full list of names of members of the group.
Only a director of our company can add to or change any of the conditions and can only do so in writing, having signed the conditions.
2 – Pricing, Payment and Deposits
Prices quoted by us at the time of enquiry and at the time of booking are referred to as ‘Guideline’ Prices.
A Guideline price is made up of two components; the core package price as quoted by us and the total cost of the flight booking. Together these two components are referred to as the ‘Guideline Cost’. The core package consists of all elements of the package offered by us to the client, as agreed between us and the client and as included by us on the Booking Form.
We will not increase the price of the core element of the package unless by agreement with the client, for example, where the client wishes to change elements of the package and where it is possible to do so. We do, however, reserve the right to reduce the core package cost if discounts/reductions can be made in booking that are favourable to the client.
We do reserve the right to increase the total cost of the flight if the actual booking cost of the flight is greater than the flight cost as quoted as part of the Guideline cost.
If it is a case that the actual cost of the flight is less than the flight cost as quoted as part of the Guideline cost, then we guarantee to pass this saving on to the client.
When the total cost of the flight has been confirmed and booked with the airline in question, then we will inform the client as to the ‘Confirmed’ price. No alteration will be made to the Confirmed price except as per the exceptions listed below.
We reserve the right to alter the Confirmed Price, up to 28 days in advance of the departure date of the tour in question, in the following circumstances:
- Unforeseen Government tax increases or new taxes affecting the Confirmed price.
- Changes in currency exchange rates that increase the Confirmed price. This does not apply within the Euro zone (e.g. for tours to Spain from Ireland).
- Unforeseen actions by the Irish Government or by other agencies that lead to an increase in the confirmed price, e.g. declaration of war.
Payment and Deposits
Deposits shall be paid as follows, unless by prior agreement with the client:
- First deposit of €150 per travelling member, payable with receipt of Booking Form.
- Second deposit of €150 per travelling member, payable 6 weeks after receipt of Booking Form.
- Third deposit of €150 per travelling member, payable 10 weeks after receipt of Booking Form.
- Final payment of the balance remaining is payable no later than 8 weeks before the departure date of the tour in question.
After each deposit payment, we will issue the client with an updated invoice, indicating the amount paid to date, outstanding balance and due dates of remaining deposits.
If we do not receive the ‘Booking Deposit’, i.e. the first and second deposits, on time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking applicable to any/all individuals who have not paid their deposits on time.
If we do not receive the full payment on time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking applicable to any/all individuals who have not made full payment on time.
3 – Refunds, Cancellations and Name Changes.
In the case of a request for cancellations or name changes, the Group Leader must inform us by email or in writing of any such request and the detail thereof. Only upon receipt of such a request will we act upon the request in question.
First and second deposits (The ‘Booking Deposit’) are non-refundable.
Any cancellations made after receipt of the second deposit and up to 6 weeks before the departure date will be charged the full amount of the Booking Deposit as well as 75% of the remaining Tour Price.
Any cancellations made within 6 weeks of the departure date will be charged the full amount of the Tour Price.
As part of our booking policy, we provide each member of the group with a standard travel insurance policy with our insurers. In the event of a cancellation of a booking, affected members are free to pursue a refund of money/deposits paid through this insurance policy. We do not take responsibility for this; this responsibility lies entirely with the members affected.
In the case of a request for a name change, we cannot guarantee that this can be accommodated, but will endeavour to facilitate such a request where possible.
Any costs associated with such a change will be borne entirely by the client. Such costs could include Airline Charges and necessary changes to accommodation bookings.
4 – Alterations to Tour Package
- We endeavour to meet the all aspects of the booking arrangements made by us on behalf of our clients. However, due to circumstances beyond our control, it may be necessary to make alterations to the tour package as agreed upon with the client (e.g. Closure of accommodation provider). We reserve the right to make such changes unless they significantly alter the tour package. In circumstances where such a change significantly alters the tour package, you can choose to accept the revised package as provided by us or receive a full refund of all deposits paid by you, except as outlined in 4 (B) and 4 (C) below, less reasonable expenses incurred by us.
- Airline Alterations. If we need to alter your booking because of a change in the schedule of the airline you are booked to travel with, the refund conditions relating to that airline will apply. Details of these conditions are available from us on request.
- Events outside our control/Force Majeure. Except where otherwise stated in these Booking Conditions, we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation for events outside our control. Such events include war or the threat of war, terrorist activity, political unrest, riots, civil unrest, industrial disputes, natural disasters, closure of airports or ports, technical problems with or accidents involving aircraft, ferries, coaches or other transport, outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease, fire, bad weather and other events outside our control.
5 – Liability
We do not accept liability for injuries, death or losses suffered by members of the group while on tour. While we will always endeavour to assist groups in such cases by offering practical advice and assistance, responsibility in such cases lies with the travelling group.
In the case of complaints arising from the service provided by the service providers engaged by us to carry out an element of our tour package, clients must notify the service provider of the nature of the complaint immediately and in writingand notify us ofsame as soon as is practicable.
In the event of liability on our part, compensation payable will not exceed the amount paid for the tour package to date. Compensation will not be paid unless the following conditions have been met by the client:
- The client must notify us immediately or as soon as is practicable of the nature of the complaint and also do so, in writing, within 21 days after your return.
- You must transfer any rights that you may have, in respect of your injury, illness or death against any person to us.
- You must cooperate fully with us and/or our insurers to enforce such rights.
- Any payments that we may be obliged to make will be in accordance with the International Convention concerned in respect of travel, accommodation and baggage. For the avoidance of doubt, we have the benefit of any limitations of compensation contained in these Conventions or subsequent amendments which cover consumer liability.
Responsibilities of Clients
- Travel Documentation.
The client shall check the travel documentation immediately upon receipt of same. If the client considers that any document is incorrect or has a query regarding any element of the documentation, he/she shall notify us of this concern as soon as is practicable.
- Arrival at Port of Departure.
It is the sole responsibility of the client to present himself/herself and all members of the travelling party at the port of departure in sufficient time (as indicated by us in the travel documentation provided to the client) prior to the designated departure time to complete embarkation requirements. In situations where the client misses out on arranged transport as a result of not arriving at the departure point on time, we shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the client in arranging alternative transport and we shall not be liable for any refund for elements of the package arranged by us that cannot be taken up by the client arising from such a situation.
- Baggage Restrictions.
The client is restricted by regulations of carriers and executive authorities with regard to weight, type and contents of baggage which he/she may take on board the craft and/or vehicles used in connection with the holiday.
- Travel Instructions.
The client hereby agrees that he/she and all members of the travelling party shall abide by all instructions or directions given by a member of our staff or any crew member of a carrier’s craft or vehicle used in connection with the holiday and hereby agrees to indemnify us against any loss or injury suffered or incurred by any person as a consequence of the client’s or a member of the travelling party’s failure to act in accordance with any such direction or instruction.
- Travel Documentation.
It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that each member of the travelling group is in possession of all the travel and health documentation necessary and that all such documentation is in order. The client agrees to indemnify us against for any costs incurred by him as a consequence of the client being denied transportation either as a consequence of the client/members of the travelling party failing to have their travel documentation or same not being in order.
6 – Special Needs
Any special needs requirements must be put in writing to us and we will endeavour to satisfy such requests where possible. It might not be possible to accommodate such requests and our failure to do so does not constitute a breach of contract unless we have guaranteed these to you in writing.
7 – Insurance Cover
A travel insurance policy is taken out in the name of each member of the travelling group with our insurers as soon as payment of the first deposit is received, unless the client advises us in writing that they do not wish this to take place.
It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that all members of the group are made aware of the terms, conditions and limitations of this travel insurance policy.
8 – Governing Law
Our contract with you is governed by the law of Ireland and you must accept the jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.