Update – Sold out! (Waiting List applies)
This is one of the most varied itineraries of any Camino week – a little bit of everything thrown in!
Starting from the cathedral in Santiago, we will walk for 4 days to reach Finisterre, with the option then of walking an extra day to Muxía on the Costa da Morte. (or just relax in Finisterre!)
To add an extra flavour to the week, we will spend 24 hours in Coruña, allowing time to unwind and experience the city of the Torre de Hercules.
Explore the old town or stroll on the Riazor beach – it’s a city with a little bit of everything!
Dates and Cost:
- April 17th – 24th. (Sunday – Sunday)
- €620 pps (not including flight).
- Single Supplement €190.
All our escorted walks are with an Irish guide – the emphasis is on having fun while experiencing the Camino at your own pace!
- 7 nights’ accommodation in ensuite rooms on a B&B basis.
- Airport transfers from Santiago airport to the city and from A Coruna to Santiago airport for the return flight to Dublin.
- Bag transfer each day.
- Pilgrim Passport (Issued by Camino Society Ireland – the only official Irish pilgrim passport).
- Your Camino Groups host will accompany the group for the week.
- A one-off Camino Groups walking top – to celebrate the Año Santo of 2022.
- Detailed walking notes and accommodation maps.
- Flights are not included in the prices, but as a licensed and bonded travel agency, we can book your flights separately for you if required. Tip – the earlier you book, the cheaper it will be.
- We recommend that you have adequate travel insurance in place for your trip. We can provide this separately if required.
Sunday, April 17th, Day 1
- Fly from Dublin to Santiago. Upon arrival, you are provided with a private transfer to Santiago city centre.
- Stay in Santiago for your first night and enjoy exploring the historic centre of the city, all centred around the cathedral in the Plaza Obradoiro.
Monday, April 18th, Day 2
- Walk 22km to Negreira. You will very quickly find yourself in the countryside, leaving Santiago behind.
- The Roman bridge and horseshoe waterfall at Ponte Maceira is a highlight of this, and indeed any, Camino stage.
Tuesday, April 19th, Day 3
- Walk 22km to Santa Mariña. From Negreira, you will ascend gradually for a full 11km or so until just before Vilaserio, while the second half of the day levels out.
- Transfer to Olveiroa to spend the night in this tranquil hamlet.
Wednesday, April 20th, Day 4
- Return transfer to Santa Mariña, walk 29km to Cée. A long day, but there’s a lovely long (and peaceful!) stretch across the headland from Hospital to Cée , passing through fields of pine.
- The pretty hamlets of Ponte Olveira, Olveiroa and Logoso mark the earlier part of a day that eventually brings you downhill to the shores of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Option – If 29km seems too long, you can cut off some of it by starting directly from your accommodation in Olveiroa.
Thursday, April 21st, Day 5
- Walk 13km to Finisterre. Your entire day is spent getting views of journey’s end, the headland of Finisterre. The beaches at Estorde and Sardiñeiro whet your appetite for the beautiful beach of Langosteira which brings you all the way to the fishing town of Finisterre.
- A 6km round trip to the lighthouse allows you to watch the sun go down over the end of the world. You might even avail of a trip out to sea for the sunset.
Friday, April 22nd, Day 6
- Walk 29km to Muxía. Muxía is a quiet Camino jewel – many finish walking in Finisterre and don’t know what they are missing! Explore the wild Atlantic crashing against the shore and admire the Señora de la Barca church standing proud against the Atlantic. Remember that the beautiful Costa da Morte gets its name for good reason – don’t stray too close to the water!
- Return to Finisterre for overnight.
- Option – Just remain ibn Finisterre for the day and chill!
Saturday, April 23rd, Day 7
- Morning transfer to A Coruña, where we will spend about 3 hours exploring the old part of the city, including a visit to the Tower of Hercules, a UNESCO World heritage site.
- Overnight in A Coruña – a little bit of 4* luxury to finish the week.
Sunday, April 24th, Day 8
- Free time in the morning in A Coruña before your transfer to Santiago airport for return flight home.